Jan 7th, 2015
Category: Bodybuilding Food
Looking for an alternative to the high carbohydrate lasagna try this next year it's gluten-free and packed with protein. After experimenting with this recipe for the first time one thing I would do to add more veggies is select a green such as spinach, arugula, or kale. I would add the greens between the turkey and cheese layer to congeal the layers even better.
- 3 Large Zucchini
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 TBSP Parmesan Romano
- 2 TBSP Gourmet Garden Oregano Paste (divide into 1tbsp portions)
- 5 sprigs fresh peeled
- 2 cloves minced garlic
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Peel and slice each zucchini lengthwise into four pieces.
3. In large sauté pan cook ground turkey and garlic. Before turkey is completely done add can of crushed tomatoes and half the portion of oregano uncovered.
4. Bring to a boil let simmer for five minutes.
5. In mixing bowl combine egg whites, cottage cheese, oregano and thyme.
6. Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish.
7. Evenly layer 6 pieces of zucchini flat in baking dish.
8. Evenly spread 1/2 turkey mixture over zucchini. On top of turkey layer 1/2 of cheese mixture.
9. Repeat layering in same order zucchini, turkey, then cheese.
10. Sprinkle mozzarella and Parmesan Romano over the top.
11. In preheated oven bake for 30 minutes let sit for 15 and serve.