Jul 2nd, 2014
For a number of years there has been a trend to juice, reduce, or blend up our veggies so we can consume more each day. I've experimented with the powders, juicers, and magic blenders and only found one recipe that I turn to again and again as a base when I grow tired of trying to eat more veggies on my plate.
This super smoothie concoction leaves me feeling satisfied more than any other powder or "juicing" recipe. You will benefit from this too by having more fiber and by simply allowing more variety into mix each time you go grocery shopping.
The base is simple to concoct. You will begin with 10oz. of premade natural veggie juice (I prefer carrot because of it's natural sweetness and it's Vitamin A content). Then you need 1 cup total of frozen fruit (Note: This is a smoothie so I would bar on the side of caution if you choose fresh fruit you may not enjoy the consistency as much). Then you will need to pick your leafy green or sprout. Use a decent amount about three to four cups (non-compact). Use a plain yogurt , but if you favor Greek I wouldn't use as much--maybe 1/2 cup.
Now for extra nutrient density you can add seeds, peanut butter or whey protein. It all depends on your daily needs nutritionally.
- - Natural Carrot Juice (I prefer Bolthouse Farms brand)
- - Organic baby spinach
- - Frozen strawberries and blueberries
- - Natural plain yogurt
- 1. In blender measure 12 Oz carrot juice. (For more of a liquid consistency use 16oz carrot juice.)
- 2.Use about three large handfuls of organic spinach
- 3. With dry measure cup measure 1/2 cup each strawberry and blueberries
- 4. add one dry cup yogurt
- 5. Blend well.
TIP: For bonus nutrients add some of the following:
- - Whey Protein
- - Flax seed
- - Hemp seed
- - Natural peanut, cashew or almond butter