Mar 27th, 2015
Not a lot of time for food prep? Boy have I heard that one before! Here is a recipe you can make using a stock pot that will yield so many portions that you will have to freeze some and save for later in the month.
Here is a list of what you will need
- 2 peppers (I prefer using one red one green
- 2 cooking or Spanish onions
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Pounds of 90/10 ground beef
- 2 cans green chiles
- 1 Jar of your favorite chunky salsa. Use about 2 cups for this recipe(I recommend using something in your grocery stores cold food section that is a little more quality than say El Paso or Pace's)
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans (drained)
- 2 cups of jasmine or Texmati rice
- 1 Bag frozen corn
- 4 cups chicken stock ( that is usually one full box buy the organic)
- Two packets of taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- shredded cheddar jack
- sour cream
- extra salsa
- serve will organic corn tortillas or wraps
In stock pot preheat oil over medium heat and begin to saute onions and peppers until el'dente. Add ground beef and brown, do not cook through. Stir in seasonings beans, rice, corn, chiles, salsa once mixed well add stock and bring to gentle boil. Once boiling thats about all you have left to do cover and reduce heat to a simmer and let the rice cook and soak up all that water. Should take approx. 20 minutes
This will yield you a ton of portions I recommend using a measuring cup and portioning them out to be 1 cup portions. With all those veggies, beef, and legumes you will have plenty of protein, fiber, and carbs to satisfy your appetite!
As show in the picture is served mine up with sliced avocado for some extra texture and nutrients as well as green onions for a bit more crunch. You can take this anywhere with you and wrap it up in a P28 wrap or any wrap and make yourself a burrito anywhere or just eat it plain to keep your carbs a little lower.